Friday, March 20, 2009

Gone with the Wind

 gone 2

gone

I watched Gone with the Wind, a 1939 film, last week, finish it after 2 days. never really thought it wound be sooo long, I think almost 4 hours. but I really love the film. I love rhett butler and I love the hateable scarlett. I never really thought I'd enjoy watching the movie because I am never into classic movies. this is just the second classic movie I've seen, first was breakfast at tiffany's where I began to like Audrey hepburn.

Gone with the Wind is a 1939 American drama-romance-film adapted from Margaret Mitchell's 1936 novel of the same name and directed by Victor Fleming (Fleming replaced George Cukor). The epic film, set in the American South in and around the time of the Civil War, stars Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, and Olivia de Havilland, and tells a story of the Civil War and its aftermath from a white Southern viewpoint.

It received ten Academy Awards, a record that stood for twenty years. In the American Film Institute's inaugural Top 100 American Films of All Time list of 1998, it was ranked number four, although in the 2007 10th Anniversary edition of that list, it was dropped two places, to number six. In June 2008, AFI revealed its 10 top 10 — the best ten films in ten American film genres—after polling over 1,500 persons from the creative community. Gone with the Wind was acknowledged as the fourth best film in the Epic genre. It has sold more tickets in the U.S. than any other film in history, and is considered a prototype of a Hollywood blockbuster. It is also the first film with true to life color. Today, it is considered one of the greatest and most popular films of all time and one of the most enduring symbols of the golden age of Hollywood. When adjusted for inflation, Gone with the Wind is the highest-grossing film of all time. >>wikipedia.

and I think I'll see the movie again next time. :)

audrey

Audrey hepburn (Breakfast at tiffany's)

No comments:

Post a Comment